Here’s a list of the different species we’ve observed and identified during our night walks.
- armadillo – 9-banded
- bird – barred owl, chuck-wills-widow (heard), Eastern screech owl (heard)
- caterpillar – giant leopard moth, tussock moth
- deer – white-tailed
- cockroach – Florida woods, American
- frog – Eastern narrow-mouthed, green tree frog, Southern cricket, Southern leopard, pig frog
- insect – ant lion, cicada, firefly, rhinoceros beetle, tussock moth, white oak borer beetle
- millipede – flat-backed (fluorescent), Florida ivory
- plants – dog fennel (fluorescent), evening primrose
- rabbit – Eastern cottontail
- scorpion – Hentz striped (fluorescent)
- spider – cobweb weaver, fishing, ogre-faced, orb weaver, stretch, tropical wandering, wolf
- toad – Southern
Night Walk Photo Gallery
Click the picture to browse our photos.